RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:22:19 +0200

Hi Chris,

> As far as you know the author had already
> fixed

so where isn the problem - should be none by merging -
or are all developers are to lazy to follow the cvs steps:

1. update
2. edit
3. update
4. commit

???

> or even obsoleted the code.

So there is also no problem.

>  I never saw you say "hey I'm gonna
> run 'php -l' on all the code I document, anyone mind if I commit minor
> syntactical sugar fixes?"

I think before a year or so we have discussed (and agreed) in the core team,
that al code in the cvs must be php -l checked.
Also I remember that we wanted to have an automatically php -l check
(thats our (pb) fault that this is still not running).

> I don't know if this "rule" is written anywhere, it just seems like
> the proper way to me.  The code very well need fixed, but it's not
> your code and no one said "sure, commit whatever the hell you want".

Seeing it this way it is also not your code, because we all have transfered
it to the fsf.

> To do so would also be quite bad for the project as you'd have 2
> developers rolling back each others changes in a fight over the
> "right" way to do something.

I would call it more a problem of not correct using cvs in a team.

> I agree that is a complex topic because it's not clear what apps are
> being maintained or worked on at all.

Thats another point - we still need some kind of list ...

> We used to have a site for this
> at apps.phpgroupware.org but it was never setup for self-maintenance
> so it's no longer useful.  It seems like the new cvs script could be
> used to help this, to keep track of the last time someone made a
> commit in each module and put the list on a web page somewhere.

why put it on a website, when we have a mailinglist?

> This
> could be taking a step further where each developer could add a note
> to the module, something like "I'm working on this, I expect to be
> finished on x/x/xxxx".

This will not work I think.

Greetings

    Kai/PowerStat