[Phpgroupware-developers] cats in head

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] cats in head
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 02:07:55 +1100

Hi all,

I have a proposal for developing a new cats system in head.

Here is the basic outline.

1 Add support for colors for categories
2 Add support for images for cats
3 Move to a more central system for managing cats

More info on 3 :)

Current some apps allow multiple cats, and it usually done in an ugly
serialised way.  I propose that we create a new table phpgw_cats_records
(or something).  The table would be structured as follows:

cat_id INT FK phpgw_categories.cat_id
appname VARCHAR (unless we move to a better app id system)
app_id INT fk various PKs in apps
app_loc VARCHAR(50) optional to allow more than 1 link from an app

when a user wants to delete a cat the modified cats class would do a
look up to see if there are records linked to the cat and ask the user

[ ] Move records to: [Select List]
[ ] Remove category from records

[Cancel] [OK]

So the user can decide if they want to move the records.  This will be
done globally.  It also means a sysadmin can clean up categories and
relink records easily.

I am happy to code it if people support it.  Some help with data
conversion scripts would be appreciated :)

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
| e address@hidden          | w phpgroupware.org            |