Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] HEAD/18 proposals/issues

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] HEAD/18 proposals/issues
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:47:46 -0600

On 2/20/06, Dave Hall <address@hidden> wrote:
> There is also a lot of older stuff like:
>
> if($GLOBALS['phpgw_setup']->alessthanb($setup_info['phpgwapi']['currentver'],
> '0.9.10pre7'))

alessthanb is a nessicary evil (unless php has added version parsing
function that I haven't noticed yet) because version numbers are
compaired as strings and "0.9.16" is greater than "0.10.1".  to be
clear, simple string comp would see 0.9.16 as the newer one when it
isn't, so alessthenb was made to parse version strings and compair
them correctly.