Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] pdf with mod_deflate and IE

From: Maat
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] pdf with mod_deflate and IE
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 18:52:27 +0200

Sigurd Nes a écrit :

>In order to have pdf-printout working with mod_deflate and IE - one has
>to temporary save the pdf-data as a file - and redirect the browser to
>this file.
>
>There is a function "print_pdf" in class.pdf.inc.php that checks the
>browser - and if it is 'IE' - it will follow this procedure. Files older
>than one day will be deleted.
>
>In order to have this to work - it will need a directory which is
>write-able to the webserver and within the webservers document-root.
>I propose to have this directory within the pdf-section of the API:
>"phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/pdf/pdf_files".
>
>Any objections to this?
>

>Regards
>
>Sigurd

perhaps we could try to have something more generic  so others app could
benefit this writable zone ?

example :

phpgroupware/write
phpgroupware/write/tmp
phpgroupware/write/pdf_files
phpgroupware/write/whatever

what d'you think of it ?

--
In a world without walls or fences, there would be no need for windows or
gates...