SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] pdf with mod_deflate and IE

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] pdf with mod_deflate and IE
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

"SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI (?:pdf)$ no-gzip dont-vary"
 Will normally work (as it does on redirect) - but it compresses the result
anyhow when the pdf-document is created within a php-script.

 I don't see how one can disable the mod_deflate for IE except maybe for a
specific php.file as (don't know if it works):

"SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI create_pfd_script.php no-gzip dont-vary"

How about using a .htaccess file - or an alias in httpd.conf - and remove
handlers and types as:

<Directory /path/to/files>
Options None
AllowOverride None
DirectoryIndex index.html
RemoveHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
RemoveType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3
RemoveType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
</Directory>

Regards

Sigurd