Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] pdf with mod_deflate and IE

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] pdf with mod_deflate and IE
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:35:51 +1000

Hi all,

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 13:57 -0400, Alan Langford wrote:
> This should be configurable. I have seen hosting environments where
> ownerships and permissions are such that a script does not have write
> access to anything in their public html directories. In these cases, you
> have little choice but to use /tmp, and it is advisable to prefix the
> file names with something unique, such as the session ID.

The temp path is already configurable in phpgw.  I always set it to a
unique dir per install.  Whar is being proposed here sounds different to
me.

I understand what Sigurd is proposing here, but I have some concerns.
Having a directory in the phpgw doc root which is writable by apache is
a potential security issue.

As much as I would like to say stuff IE, that is potentially a large
section of our user base, so I won't propose that :)  Can we disable
mod_deflate for IE when outputing a PDF?

btw I looked at the code and would prefer to see that we delete all
files in that dir which are more than say an hour old.

> On 2006 07 02 13:24, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> > Maat wrote:

> >> perhaps we could try to have something more generic  so others app could
> >> benefit this writable zone ?
> >>
> >> example :
> >>
> >> phpgroupware/write
> >> phpgroupware/write/tmp