Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Proposal for method of using application-r

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Proposal for method of using application-related translation
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:25:53 -0600

On Feb 10, 2008 11:02 AM, Sigurd Nes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time for looking into the code.
> A bit disappointing that the shm didn't perform much better.

I think on a shared host where IO is heavily loaded or with a
non-optimally configured database shm will make a bigger difference.
If your database and web server configured optimally for your site
load, shm really won't matter as both apache and [my|pg]sql use caches
and shared memory heavily already.