Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] eGroupware fork, tine 2.0

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] eGroupware fork, tine 2.0
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:55:04 +1100

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 14:24 +0100, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I don't think this has been mentioned, and you probably know already,
> but it seems the eGroupware project has forked in turn :

This was brewing for months and has been amusing to watch it all unfold.

The funniest bit about it is that there were certain things which
happened in the lead up to it which were played out here years ago.

My favourite example:

Ralf circa 2003
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.phpgroupware.devel/3112

link is dead but showed CVS commit stats showing ralf had the highest
commit rate (inflated by applying a lot of patches from tracker and
backporting)

Lars circa 2008
http://lars.kneschke.de/index.php?/archives/39-Im-one-of-the-most-active-and-experienced-PHP-developer-according-to-Ohloh.html

There are other parallels too, but this isn't the forum for it.

> ...Not meaning to start a troll ;)

No, not at all ;)