[phpGroupWare-developers] eGroupware fork, tine 2.0

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] eGroupware fork, tine 2.0
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:24:57 +0100

Hi.

I don't think this has been mentioned, and you probably know already,
but it seems the eGroupware project has forked in turn :

http://www.tine20.org/ :
"Statement regarding the expulsion of Tine 2.0 from the egroupware.org
project (2008/02/28)

On tuesday 2008/02/26 egroupware.org project expelled 2 of their 3 core
developers. Moreover it also lost it's webmaster, treasurer and its
public relations manager.

This tuesday is a sad day for all users and developers of eGroupWare,
but mainly for eGroupWare.org project itself. We didn't want this split
and are sorry for the inconvenience this brings to our friends in the
eGroupWare community.

Obviously we weren't able to transport our ideas and concepts to the
decisive people in eGroupWare.

Nevertheless, after 5 month of active development with up to date
concepts and techniques we are still convinced that we are doing the
right thing.

Hence Tine 2.0 development consequently continues, and we are quite
positive to deliver a stable open source collaboration solution with an
outstanding user experience in a intermediate-term.

We are grateful for all the support we got so far. If you like to join
the Tine 2.0 community, please find us in our forums."

...Not meaning to start a troll ;)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)