Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] eGroupware fork, tine 2.0

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] eGroupware fork, tine 2.0
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 01:37:21 +1100

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 08:18 -0600, Chris Weiss wrote:
> so phpgw is a grandparent now?

We have been for a while, there is another egw fork around.

For this grandchild, the bloodlines of tine are shall we say
unconventional.

ASCII art time

phpGW -------------------------------------------------------------
              \       \-- eGW--------------------------------
               \             / merges with eGW        \-- tine
                \-- GroupWhere (milosch's 2002 fork)

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Dave Hall <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 14:24 +0100, Olivier Berger wrote:
> >  > Hi.
> >  >
> >  > I don't think this has been mentioned, and you probably know already,
> >  > but it seems the eGroupware project has forked in turn :
> >
> >  This was brewing for months and has been amusing to watch it all unfold.
> >
> >  The funniest bit about it is that there were certain things which
> >  happened in the lead up to it which were played out here years ago.
> >
> >  My favourite example:
> >
> >  Ralf circa 2003
> >  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.phpgroupware.devel/3112
> >
> >  link is dead but showed CVS commit stats showing ralf had the highest
> >  commit rate (inflated by applying a lot of patches from tracker and
> >  backporting)
> >
> >  Lars circa 2008
> >
> > http://lars.kneschke.de/index.php?/archives/39-Im-one-of-the-most-active-and-experienced-PHP-developer-according-to-Ohloh.html
> >
> >  There are other parallels too, but this isn't the forum for it.
> >
> >  > ...Not meaning to start a troll ;)
> >
> >  No, not at all ;)
> >
> >  Cheers
> >
> >  Dave