Copyright, licences, etc. Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: phpgroupwa

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Copyright, licences, etc. Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: phpgroupware_0.9.16.012+dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:15:01 +0100

Le jeudi 13 mars 2008 à 08:11 -0500, Chris Weiss a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:16 AM, Olivier Berger

Well I'm not so sure... I suppose it should at minimal mention all
different licences and on which parts they apply.

There are guidelines here :
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ch-dreq.en.html#s-copyright
and in particular here :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

I'm currently processing the phpgroupware 0.9.16 code that we want to
package through various scripts in order to get an idea of the copyright
notices in all headers of the files, and see what's under GPL, LGPL, and
others (so far MPL and BSD-likes).

If you're interested, I will send a summary or the full details
(including copyright mentions, licences, authors).

That's something which needs manual review, and it's somehow boring, of
course ;)

I hope I'm not duplicating on something which would exist elsewhere...
maybe you guys had to do it at some point as a requirement of the GNU
project ?
In particular, how far does the copyright of the FSF extend, as
contributors are supposed to be giving up on their own copyright... the
problem is only with legacy code that was reused from elsewhere, is it ?

Any ideas on these matters most welcome, of course ;)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)
http://www-inf.it-sudparis.eu/~olberger/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC