Re: Copyright, licences, etc. Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: phpgro

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: Copyright, licences, etc. Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: phpgroupware_0.9.16.012+dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED]
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:35:17 +0100

Le mardi 18 mars 2008 à 00:40 +1100, Dave Hall a écrit :
> On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 14:18 +0100, Olivier Berger wrote:
> > FYI, I have completed my review and the result can be found in the
> > *.copyright files available in the patch at :
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/phpgroupware/phpgroupware_0.9.16.012+dfsg-1.diff.gz
> >
> > In short, for licenses, phpgwapi = LGPL + bits of GPL
> > rest is GPL with bits of LGPL, and sometimes MPL, or BSD may be found
> > locally...
>
> Well the MPL code needs to be replaced.  If it is in the API it can be
> called by GPL code and the MPL isn't GPL compatible.

It's in phpgwapi/inc/class.xml.inc.php ... but I'm not sure if it's used
anyhow.

> Now for the nit picking :)
>
> There is some windows line endings in there, one right near the bottom
> caught my eye,

Well, it is in the original doc/README in your tarball, I suppose...

> The legal name of the FSF is the "Free Software Foundation, Inc" - I
> know we have discussed which is the correct way to refer to them in the
> past.

That shouldn't be a big problem I think.

> These days we general refer to the applications as modules, as they
> aren't really standalone applications.

OK, may need to rephrase at places, then... I have probably just reused
older packages descriptions for most modules, anyway.

> I don't think here is really any need to bash the state of the manuals
> in the description of the manual module.

??

phpGroupWare on-line manual module
This phpGroupWare module provides the on-line manual system.

You have probably read my README.Debian ;)

> Side idea - phpGW supports multiple domains on the one install.  Maybe
> for debian we could have /etc/phpgroupware/conf.d and the header.inc.php
> could just loop that dir to pull out the configs.  Maybe I am on crack -
> but it did seem kinda cool to me.  I am happy to provide the
> header.inc.php code for it.

I'm not so sure lots of people would do such a thing with a packaged
installation, but why not... Feel free to provide additional files for
inclusion in the /usr/share/doc/phpgroupware-0.9.16-core-base/examples/
dir someday (but first, let's have it in Debian with the most basic
setup as a target ;)

> While I am still smoking from the pipe, it would be good if we could
> find a way of getting the debian translators to provide translations for
> phpgw modules too :)

Hmmm... and also contribute code for stabilizing 0.9.18 ;)

> btw I think you and Christian have both done a great job at trying to
> get phpgw back into debian - thanks I really appreciate it.

You're very much welcome.

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)