Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] New logo trial

From: christian bac
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] New logo trial
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 16:40:46 +0200

Le lundi 05 mai 2008 à 02:24 +0200, Maât a écrit :
> Chris Weiss a écrit :
> > On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Maât <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >>  (i've also slightly changed the logo to colorize it a little bit but
> >>  that's just a trial)
> >>

> > I like the colors in the icon, but the "php" part looks a little too
> > much like PHP's logo.  I think best avoid that since were are already
> > pushing it with "php" in the name at all.
> >
> Thanks Chris for this wise warning... i'll make the php zone look less
> like php official logo in next versions.
>
> But the logo was just the amusing part of the thing... i must admit that
> i'd have preferred a feedback on the content, look and accessibility of
> the document :P
>
> regards,
>
> Maât

First I want to congratulate. This skeleton looks great for me. It will
be a great start for people that need to write an application in
phpgroupware or for people that need to work with an application.

I think it's a good idea to have the tutorial first and then to review
in deeper the concepts and their usage (template, acl ...).
Do you accept some contributions ? I can propose things on phplib
template.

I have some questions about the content.

1) Page 11: Why do you use a redirect that will make a callback to the
server in the index.php.

$GLOBALS['phpgw']->redirect_link('/index.php',array('menuaction'=>'tutorial0.tutorial0_ui.say_hello'));

I would have created an object and then used the say hello method, that
avoids creating a call to the web server ?
example:
$tut_obj = createObject('tutorial0.tutorial0_ui');
$tut_obj->say_hello();

2) page 16: why do you clone the template object?

3) page 18: why do you reference the database object?

C.Bac