pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] xl, xxl, and mxl

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] xl, xxl, and mxl
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:32:38 +0200

Jeremy Shaw <address@hidden> writes:

> The site is a bit light on details, but it seems like using scheme
> would bring a whole host of disadvantages -- run-time type errors,
> non-termination, etc.

Hm. I won't enter in yet another debate of static vs. dynamic typing,
but i don't really see how Make is free from the (potential) drawbacks
you mention (writing a non-terminating makefile, or a non-terminating
program in any language for that matter, seems rather straightforward).

> I would be interested in taking a peek later when there is a bit more
> to look at though...

Thank you. I'll keep you posted :).

jao
--
Long hair minimizes the need for barbers; socks can be done without;
one leather jacket solves the coat problem for many years; suspenders