pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] xl, xxl, and mxl

From: Jeremy Shaw
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] xl, xxl, and mxl
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:30:06 -0700

At Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:36:28 +1000,
Robert Collins wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 14:32 -0700, Jeremy Shaw wrote:
> > At Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:32:38 +0200,
> > Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
> > >
> > > [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]

> > > Hm. I won't enter in yet another debate of static vs. dynamic typing,
> > > but i don't really see how Make is free from the (potential) drawbacks
> > > you mention (writing a non-terminating makefile, or a non-terminating
> > > program in any language for that matter, seems rather straightforward).
> >
> > I do not mean to say that make is free of those problems, just that is
> > should be :) On the other hand, make does do better in those two areas
> > than some other langages.
>
> Make is written in C...as are most programs when you trace back enough.

I am not quite sure I understand the significance of Make being
written in C...

Jeremy Shaw.

Unless you are the
addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy
or disclose to anyone
the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
the message in error,
please advise the sender and delete the message.  Thank you.