Re: Dumb question

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Dumb question
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:49:22 +0100

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 11:25, Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
> First, the checkout for both Pingus and ClanLib chugs for a while but then
> stops and never returns to the prompt. I can Cntl-C but then I'm not sure
> if I got all the files. "cvs update" does not add any files, so I think I'm
> ok.

Shouldn't happen but if an update doesn't add anything AND the compile goes
through you need not worry. ;-)

> Second, ClanLib does not want to build because it requires Autoconf version
> 2.50 or higher. I guess I'll have to look for some precompiled RPMs for
> RedHat 7.3, or upgrade autoconf.

There are newer autoconf versions packaged by RedHat. Look into rawhide /
contrib or just try to rebuild the .src.rpm from 8.0.

> Anyhow, I'm eager to try out the new Pingus, but for now I need to work
> through the problems. It's a little ironic that the Wine version worked so
> well and installed so cleanly. You know, maybe all Linux developers should
> be running Windows ports of Linux apps rather than the native ones... that
> would be a good way to test Wine and promote Windows compatibility in Linux

Well, if you wanna help wine on the way you may take a precompiled Windows
snapshot of the CVS version. I don't know how recent the last one is but it's
far more recent then 0.4.0 for sure. ;-)

Bye David