[Pingus-Devel] Memory leak in Pingus 0.7.2

From: Simon Bachmann
Subject: [Pingus-Devel] Memory leak in Pingus 0.7.2
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:10:04 +0000

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to report this. If it isn't, please point me to the right place ... and sorry!

Since I upgraded to 0.7.2, I observe a really bad memory leak in pingus: the memory usage of the program increases slowly but constantly until all available space is full. From what I observed, this happens when actually playing a level, while when displaying the start screen, level selection screen, etc. memory usage does not increase (but does not decrease either). Googling around I couldn't find anyone reporting the same problem, which seems somewhat strange to me...

Almost forgot:

ArchLinux, kernel 2.6.23

rgds

simon