plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] Questions on CVS, etc...

From: Drew Northup
Subject: [Plex86-devel] Questions on CVS, etc...
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:22:14 -0400 (EDT)

>    1. Developer Access to CVS (Bob Diepenbrock)
>
> Um..
>
> How does one go about getting development access to CVS?

You ask....
> I've had to make some Makefile changes in the documentation area because I =
> have different versions of some stuff on my new Red Hat system.
>
> Also...

How are you trying to install?  We didn't make RPM's of this for a
reason... You need GNU Automake/Autoconf to compile plex86.  As of yet,
only Debian has a real package for plex86 (that is authorized by the
project management here).

> Does anybody know how to do this sort of thing using the "configure" proces=
> s.... That way we can make this work on more than just my configuration...
>
> I'm currently in a bit of a struggle with getting a working configuration..=
> . Does Plex86 have to have a file as a disk image, or can it point to a "re=
> al" live partition (like '/dev/sda1')?
Plex86 is designed to use a disk image. The following command will make a
suitable raw file to build a full disk image inside of:
dd bs=512 count=1032192 if=/dev/zero of=./disk_image
Plex86 must find an MBR or a boot record to boot--like a real machine.  I
made a disk file, partitioned it, and used Tom's Root-Boot to format it
for testing.  Once I knew how to do that, I used an older version of bochs
to run the Win95 install on it (the disk image).  Newer versions of Bochs
do not support true raw disk images (why I do not know).  That is how I
did things.  I can help you out with a more detailed explaination if
needed, but please check old list archieves (do a search on google, you'll
find them.....) for more info first (I plan on posting them myself
somewhere soon...).

> -=3D Bob =3D-
>

> Bob Diepenbrock
> Sr. Software Engineer Staff
> InterVoice Brite
> 17811 Waterview Parkway
> Dallas, TX 75252
>
> (972) 454-8976 (Voice)
> (214) 207-2996 (Cell)

   | |  | |  | |    savannah.nongnu.org/  |    |    |     /\  |  | |  \