proofreaders

Re: Korean alphabet

From: Colin Douglas Howell
Subject: Re: Korean alphabet
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:46:56 -0700

Steve Simonet wrote:
I joined the list several days ago, and now am getting messages which
contain letters in the korean alphabet.  I can't read Korean, even if
I had the korean alphabet installed.  Did I mess up setting some option
when I joined the list?

Also, someone sent me an e-mail promoting his company.  Isn't this an
inappropriate use of the list?

-- Steve Simonet

It seems these days the list is totally dominated by spam, mostly Korean spam.
That's what you've been getting.

There's little to no normal traffic on the list now.  I'm wondering if people
have been driven off by all the spam, and I'm starting to think the list may
have to be closed down and reopened with a different address and better spam
filtering.