protux-design

Re: [Protux-design] summary of questions - some answers

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-design] summary of questions - some answers
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 21:34:54 +0000

> Hi L,
>
> I know that protux actually is in 'feature freeze phase', but I will let you
> know about this statement I've read in the kdenlive mailing list:
> > > On a similar note, there is one *HUGE* design flaw in Kdenlive that I
> > > have to fix sooner rather than later - no undo/redo support. I don't
> > > want to end up in the same situation as blender, where it becomes so
> > > large a task to add that nobody takes up the challenge ;-)
>
> Same situation here?

This is a CRUCIAL QUESTION... I cant tell you that since 0.10.2 I've been
thinking about this, so everytime I code something new, I keep in
mind about the future UNDO/REDO stuff. This is one of the reasons I made all
data saved in XML. This will make this job easier, but in audio
the UNDO stuff, particularly when applying destructive filters, is a
complicated stuff. I am study from some time ago how SoundForge 6.0 does
this (it is really a fast way to handle undo/redo), so I believe we will not
face such chalenge in 0.30, when starting the undo stuff..

> > I vote yes ;-)

I also vote no, I am using the blue for unfocused filters and green for
focused. If we use more colors, we get into a visual pollution ..

> I know L ;-) , I asked about that a long time ago, but I think it is still
> an important topic - IMHO.
>
> Is this also important for 0.16 release ?!?
>
> - vertical zoom
> - vertical scroll
> - snap to clip edge

I plan to solve the vertical stuff (including zoom, scrolling and height by 0.19