[Protux-devel] For some Real bugs

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] For some Real bugs
Date: 17 Sep 2002 15:57:08 -0300

Hey guys,

I had a look a Protux this afternoon. I ran it first under Gnome (antd
it worked great!) And then I ran it under KDE 2.2.2 (didn't run as well
as in Gnome for some reason. . . )
Here are some things that I noticed:

1. The Help window isn't drawing correctly at all! I really can't read
what's written inside it. The result is the same under Gnome and KDE.

2. When Playing in track curves mode, it doesn't redraw all correctly.
The green cursor gets left behind in the left corner. In general I
believe all the redrawing problems will be solved with Double Buffering
when we get there. . . .

3. The Editing modes idea really worked, and looks very COOL. I'm
wondering, what is the expected outcome of the pressing the new
commands?? So far nothing crashed with the new commands, but nothing
happened either. . . Its not coded yet is it?

4. Setting Record mode for a track is not working.
Mute and Solo work  fine (although when setting Mute and Solo for the
whole track you have to point to the Track Panel. . . That is the
correct procedure right, I don't recall)

5. The VU meter looks very cool. . . Eventually we could add diferent
colors for the peaks. I also like the color green green better than
white for that specific area. Also, the individual Track Panel VU meters
must remain where they were. Its important to get an overall view, but
also importanto to have the individual track VU meter as well.. .

6. FFTW code is definately making the whole thing faster. Playing sound
is very smooth, and so far it didn't crash (except when I tried, again,
to move a clip while it was playing.. . Isn't that command going to be
disabled while playing or recording??

7. The properties window look snice with the new Arrow up and arrow
down. . . We still need to add Units to those numbers. I have no idea
what a Slice is, and when setting double presses, I really can't tell if
I should put the number higher or lower. we need Units urgently on that
specific window.

I think that's it for now. . . I'll keep testing. IN general, it seems
much more stable than before (I think that its that the general idea
huh???)

Great Job Luciano!!!
And welcome everybody else I don't know yet. . .
Warm brazilian penguin (with green shorts and yellow sandals) greetings.

Fabio.