Re: [Protux-devel] For some Real bugs

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] For some Real bugs
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:37:13 -0300

Thanks for  report Fabio,

> 2. When Playing in track curves mode, it doesn't redraw all correctly.
> The green cursor gets left behind in the left corner. In general I
> believe all the redrawing problems will be solved with Double Buffering
> when we get there. . . .

There is already a  Double Buffering techinique (check
MustuxDrawable::paintEvent(..)
The bitBtl method performs the double buffered paint. The problems in redraw
are happening
due many dirty piesces of code. It will  disappear in time...

the flickering will disappear when I make something called "tripple" buffering.
 Some
parts of screen can be stored if they have no changes, and then just get
scrolled left/right.
Only the changing part is redrawn.

> 3. The Editing modes idea really worked, and looks very COOL. I'm
> wondering, what is the expected outcome of the pressing the new
> commands?? So far nothing crashed with the new commands, but nothing
> happened either. . . Its not coded yet is it?
most not. I concentrated on the design and put some place holders for new code.
But the real new stuff
are on filters engines.

> 6. FFTW code is definately making the whole thing faster. Playing sound
> is very smooth, and so far it didn't crash (except when I tried, again,
> to move a clip while it was playing.. . Isn't that command going to be
> disabled while playing or recording??

Actually, there is no FFTW anymore, just a FFT routine I borrowed and hacked
from another GPL fft
code. I think you just mistyped, huh ? ;-)

Regards