Re: [Protux-devel] reimplementation of GlobalProperties

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] reimplementation of GlobalProperties
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:20:14 +0100

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:44:16 -0200
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> Indeed, in 0.17.x it will be deprecated , due the new MustuxGlobalProperties
> class.
>
> I was implementing it, but no problem if you already did it (just let me know
> next time before you start it ;-)

yeah... the thing is, i looked at it yesterday evening, started to work on it
and then it was already done.

> VERSION should not be in global properties since it is retrieven from
> autostuff. this is garbage from past releases...

of course

> move it to libmustux as MustuxGlobalProperties, as you suggested, but do not
> link it, we will make this in 0.17.x. you
> can commit it now, so I can take a look in the code.
>
> protux will still use old GlobalProperties , for stability purposes..

ok, commited.

MustuxGlobalProperties has been written with a new extension in mind (not
implemenented yet): callback function registration. So if several classes
access the same property, and one changes it, the others can get notified about
it if they registered a callback function before. Also when
ProjectManagerWindow changes the values of the properties, the change will be
able to take effect immediately where necessary. (registration will be on a per
key/value basis, so you get only notified when an actually needed key/value
changes)

what do you think about this idea ?

/Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc