Re: [Protux-devel] how to open PM?

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] how to open PM?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:33:03 +0100

Fabio dos Santos wrote:

Guys. . I'm having some trouble installing alsa on my system...

did you already solve it ?

The modules are loaded and the proc/asound/cards correctly identify my
new audiophile. . . But after I reboot and try to run alsamixer i get
the following error

are you sure that the modules are beeing reloaded after rebooting ? perhaps you'll have to load them again ?

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
directory

what does
cat /proc/asound/cards
say ?
perhaps you have to use the -c option on alsamixer to tell which card you want to use ?

/Martin