[Protux-devel] Another issue with the new Mixer engine

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] Another issue with the new Mixer engine
Date: 21 Jan 2003 19:31:22 -0200

Luciano,

I also remembered that there is another issue. IMHO Tracks should always
be MONO. . . .

>From what I understood, with the new Mixer engine you are working on, we
will be able to select subdevice,a and assign them to diferent tracks.
If that is so, all the more reason to always have tracks in MONO. After
the new mixer engine is implemented, we can then add a GROUP TRACKS
function, so you can edit a group of tracks as if they were just one
tracks. This way we add a lot of flexibility, since you can actually
work in "virtual" tracks with more than two channels.

That way, we have more flexibility to the whole editing process!
(imagine working on a track which has 5 channels on it!!! woo hoo!!
Hurray for surround sound!)

RFC.
Fabio.