Re: [Protux-devel] Another issue with the new Mixer engine

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Another issue with the new Mixer engine
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:40:08 -0200

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 07:31 pm, Fabio dos Santos wrote:
> Luciano,
>
> I also remembered that there is another issue. IMHO Tracks should always
> be MONO. . . .

why ALWAYS ? it can be mono or stereo, depending of what you want...

> From what I understood, with the new Mixer engine you are working on, we
> will be able to select subdevice,a and assign them to diferent tracks.
> If that is so, all the more reason to always have tracks in MONO.

Your mistake is that you forget that there is a subdevice "stereo". for a
SBLIve for example, there are 3 capture subdevice : a right, a left, and a
stereo.

Check Sonic Vegas. You can select the input bus from right, left, or both.

> That way, we have more flexibility to the whole editing process!
> (imagine working on a track which has 5 channels on it!!! woo hoo!!
> Hurray for surround sound!)

It is common nowadays to deal with mono or stereo files. Maybe someday we will
think about quadristereo files, but it is so rare that we should not worry
about this, not , at least, now

--
Best Regards