Re: [Protux-devel] Regions - Last minute fix/bugs

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Regions - Last minute fix/bugs
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:37:43 +0200

Argh, my internetconnection was broken untill now. So I wasn't able to do some
testing on this new stuff, and I was getting some segfaults with cvs asof 2
days ago.

Also a bug in the arm-record routine. When recording stops, Track accepts the
clip, and create's a new one "without making a new name for it, overwriting
the existing one!!"
Uploaded a fix. (Didn't this happen by someone else????, if so It must be a
problem with my computer only :-( )
If no new recording is made, the newly created clip isn't removed. (It is
deleted but it should be removed from the hard disk to, dunno how).

DataBox has large ugly fonts, :(. (and doesn't fit within the wide of dataBox)
The old font size was fine for me :)
(why count's "xx" from 0 -30 instead of 0-99?? in 'SMPTE 0:00:00,xx' ???)

When starting a new Song after the first recording the position of the work
cursor is set to the beginning of recorded clip (which is is most cases the
very first position of XBase), and after the second recording the
work_cursor_position == end of the recorded clip and after third recording
clip this behaviour continous, etc., etc.
Shouldn't the work_cursor_position stay at the end of the recorded clip on the
first recording also????

Ehm, last thing. I played a little to avoid the segfault while starting protux
when a peakfile doesn't exist. But it isn't much tested, and has some minor
disadvantages, so it is better to make the threaded solution, and for the
moment: don't remove peakfiles manually :)

Thanks,

Remon