Re: [Protux-devel] Regions - Last minute fix/bugs

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Regions - Last minute fix/bugs
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:56:01 -0400

> the clip, and create's a new one "without making a new name for it,
> overwriting the existing one!!"

takes receive the current time (including seconds) in the name. that shouldnt
happen.
I will check.

(Didn't this happen by someone else????, if so It must be a
> problem with my computer only :-( )
> If no new recording is made, the newly created clip isn't removed. (It is
> deleted but it should be removed from the hard disk to, dunno how).

> DataBox has large ugly fonts, :(. (and doesn't fit within the wide of
> dataBox) The old font size was fine for me :)

This is a big problem. I use helvetica 12, but it get different size on
different machines.
I am considering to show data using the LCD

> (why count's "xx" from 0 -30 instead of 0-99?? in 'SMPTE 0:00:00,xx' ???)

because I am using 30 frames based SMPTE . I plan to add 29.97 , 25 and 24
bases too.

> When starting a new Song after the first recording the position of the work
> cursor is set to the beginning of recorded clip (which is is most cases the
> very first position of XBase), and after the second recording the
> work_cursor_position == end of the recorded clip and after third recording
> clip this behaviour continous, etc., etc.
> Shouldn't the work_cursor_position stay at the end of the recorded clip on
> the first recording also????

this is bug. I will check

> Ehm, last thing. I played a little to avoid the segfault while starting
> protux when a peakfile doesn't exist. But it isn't much tested, and has
> some minor disadvantages, so it is better to make the threaded solution,
> and for the moment: don't remove peakfiles manually :)

ok ;-)

I wil lbe checking thre first of these bugs and uploading 0.18.0. Dont worry,
after the fork there will 0.18.1 , if necessary