Re: [Protux-devel] So, may the UNDO discussion begin ...

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] So, may the UNDO discussion begin ...
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:48:36 -0300

Wow, this will be surely a debate...

I was not referring only to destructive praf edition. the UNDO stuff refers more
to the non-destructive edition, specially the manipulation of clipList queues
on the Track objects.

But, surely, there might be some kind of UNDO in the static audio corrector
(only specified so far in
SPECIFICATIONS #4.2). This is definetly impossible to be done using a MS
approach. In this case we would have to do something
like Sound Forge does, which is to keep temporary files in a very special way
so the desctructed parts of audio
can be restored. (RFC on this)

The real matter now, IMHO, is how to deal with the non-destructive edtion,
which includes

The MTA  operations (mainly)
The Track Panels operations
The Curves operations (including subparameters)

[]s

--
Best Regards