Re: [Protux-devel] still and rendering farms

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] still and rendering farms
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:17:52 +0200

address@hidden, address@hidden schrieb am 16.09.03 14:37:25:
> >> Maybe "background-rendering" could be the keyword?
> >> So it would be nice if protux/user could assign some complex destructive
> >> filters to another machine to be rendered in background.
>
> >this the best idea so far , for both rendering the whole project or to
> >render
> >corrective filters (destructive)
> >on large files...
>
> I do not have another (linux) computer on the network I'm attached to, and
> this is the same with many (all?) people?
> Processing a project in the background by a seperate thread with low_priority
> and go on working with another/same project in the meantime is IMO the
> easiest way to deal with low system resources, but if many people have slow
> computers and more linux workstations on a network, then it is of course a
> different picture, but working on large projects with a slow computer......?

I think both should be possible.
Running on the same machine with low priority for home purposes, or on another
machine in a big network ... just dependend on the environment; think about a
radio station for example with  lot's of computers (some of that maybe not
used) in a big network.

greetings
Reinhard