[Protux-devel] ProjectManager

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] ProjectManager
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:50:43 +0200

> If i'm not mistaken (i have not been able to compile protux for
> sometime, because of lack of time, and some conflicts in my box. I
> should reinstall and change to debian unstable...), last time I checked
> the in the FileBrowser/manager, there was still no way to save, delete,
> copy, create and manage in general the following "objects": projects
> (consist a a group of songs), and songs (a group of recorded or imported
> tracks), with their respective properties, and edits..
>
> This is something that protux needed for a long time. Perhaps, if it has
> not been implemented, you could work on that...

Ah, well I'm willing to do something in this area if it has not to much an
impact on the current state of protux.

I implemented "cancel import"  but it only works for wave/praf files. Decoding
mpeg files causes the PM to "hang" until decoding is finished. If somebody
has a clue to fix this?

But please, tell me what exactly need to be done and which items needs first
to be done. As I'm not used to the audio-prog. terminologie (especially
english one's) and sometimes do not clearly understand what the meaning is of
a certain button in PM, or .....

Thank you very much,

Remon

> PS: I really need to fix my box. Whenever i try to install qt3, (which
> for some reason was uninstalled!), it tries to uninstall parts of my
> gnome desktop, which i need badly. so i'm not able to compile. *sniff,
> sniff!*
If you need help on installing Debian unstable, just let me know. I'm getting
experienced on this topic :-(
But after all, Debian unstable is very stable but you should wait until the qt
packager uploads its newest version which fixes 5 RC bugs. Then kde 3.1.4 is
also packaged which fixes also some annoying bugs.
Compiling protux is then as simple as ./configure make install hehehehe.
Greets, Remon

P.S. 2
For some reason my private mail is in the CC, please remove it when replaying
to messages comming from me ;-)