Re: [Protux-devel] protux hangs during soundcard detection.

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] protux hangs during soundcard detection.
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:52:54 +0200

Hi,

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 10:35, you wrote:
> > But does this problem happen all the time?
>
> unfortunately yes :-(

I found a small change (really small :-(, hard to find grmbl)  in the
procedure to detect the supported bus-modes:

The hw or plughw is called: descriptor.latin1()
in the old-fashioned way :-)

And now:        descriptor.ascii()

Luciano has changed it, really don't know why??

I'll test if it makes any difference here, if it also works, and nobody
complaints, then I'll upload it.
Hopefully it works again on your machine Reinhard!
Oh, I implemented also the Bus::get_levels(), it will then be uploaded also.
Works fine here, didn't get a segfault or whatever fault ... ;-)

Greets,

Remon

P.S. It starts as fast as always, so I'll upload it at over ~6 hours, then you
can test it when your back at home.
Maybe if I find some time, then I'll upload the first modifications of PM
also, needs some more testing. (filePlay support)
Oh, this is something I allready can ask:
When a file is playing, and you select another file in FS, you have to stop
first the playing file, and hit play again to start the newly selected file
to play.
Is it better to automatically stop the current playing file and start the
newly selected file?
Just an idea...

P.S. These are not really PSes, but I'm really sorry, but I have to find out
why I'm in the CC with my private mail adress :-(