Re: [Protux-devel] protux hangs during soundcard detection.

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] protux hangs during soundcard detection.
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:33:31 +0200

address@hidden, address@hidden schrieb am 24.09.03 11:54:18:
> P.S. It starts as fast as always, so I'll upload it at over ~6 hours, then
> you
> can test it when your back at home.
> Maybe if I find some time, then I'll upload the first modifications of PM
> also, needs some more testing. (filePlay support)
> Oh, this is something I allready can ask:
> When a file is playing, and you select another file in FS, you have to stop
> first the playing file, and hit play again to start the newly selected file
> to play.
> Is it better to automatically stop the current playing file and start the
> newly selected file?
> Just an idea...

In my opinion , and as far I can remember, there should be two possibilities:

1. play automatically when file is selected
2. play only when starting the play action --> ^B<SHIFT>  or maybe _much_
better, in this case, use the common way to start and stop play back --> <SPACE>

Aaahh ... there was a third one ...

3. play loop

So maybe there must be some check boxes added to FS or just use the appropriate
JMB shortcut (needs to be re-defined in jmb.map).

greetings
Reinhard