Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 01:50:20 -0300

> - I thought the trackPanel was meant to have a busMonitor(VU meter) for the
> bus it is capturing/playing for?
Not at all. This is a wrong concept on most audio applications IMHO.
If all signals must pass thru the same bus, why replicate it on several
trackpanels ?
One could ask : but what about the level from the track audio itself ? well
thats why peak images are for.
Remember that saturated peaks are shown in red, so user must have no vu in
track panel.

> - If _ALL_ busses are placed in a movable window, what kind of a window
> should it be? (Dialog, plain QWidget, or...)

plain widget.

> - How to display the VU meters. Like the current implementation, or....?
didnt understand the question :-(

> - Should the window be dockable in the busBox, or is the busBox removed and
> used for something else?

good ideia. I think yes.

--
Best Regards