Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:41:59 +0200

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 16:31, Luciano Giordana wrote:
> ok.. fine to me (but the others?)
>
> it will look like those Tascam consoles, and will be cool  @:O)

Well, the others didn't complain so we now have (almost) a busMonitor like
those Tascam Consoles ;-)

Few things I'm not sure of how to handle it.
My original idea was (yes again, a text example):

-"VUBusses IN" for card "n" - "VUBusses OUT" for card "n" - "InfoBox Card n",

and so on for all (n) cards.

But how to name the individual Busses? For every card an enumeration for the
IN's and OUT's or for ALL Busses one enumeration?

In other words: Busses in for Card n are count from 1 - Max Buses In, 1 - Max
Busses OUT, and so on for all cards.....

If you think this is a good idea, then MustuxAudioBus must have some
"get_bus_numbers_IN_for_card(int cardNumber)", and of course for the OUT
busses also.

Please let me know what you think about it.

Another thing, how to scale the VU's? The scale is now logarithmic (10Log) but
I don't know if this is common for Audio applications.

Depending on your answers, and the time I have, I'll upload the modified
BusMonitor tomorrow so you can have a look at it this weekend...

Greetings,

Remon.

P.S. Hopefully I didn't mess things to much up, but at least on my computer,
it looks nice :-)