Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor

From: booker
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 00:07:27 +0200

Am Freitag, 3. Oktober 2003 02:14 schrieb Luciano Giordana:
> > Ok for play back, but I think for capturing it would be good to have the
> > peak meter integrated into the track panel to keep the focus?!? Another
> > helpful feature would be to have the ability to directly change the input
> > level using a JMB shortcut from inside Protux. Is this possible?
>
> if I have 4 tracks armed using the same bus in, they will show 4 identical
> vus, which is a waste of space and CPU... just free your mind :-). What you
> really want is to monitor the input signal  not the signal in the track...

Ok, but I really don't understand why should I make a record of the _same_ bus
in _several_ tracks?? Normally, as far as I know,  just one bus is assigned
to just one track?!?
But maybe I miss the point?!?
So, please free my mind!!! ;-))

> > So finally I would suggest to leave this (VU meter) as a user option!?!
> > And if a user want to have this feature then he just have to enable this
> > in global properties. RFC
>
> Everything that is "choiceable" has a CPU cost. In this case, I dont see a
> good reason to put the VUs the track panels...

Hhmm ... Ok. But just a question, because I don't understand ... why is there
cpu usage when the VUs are disabled?

greetings
Reinhard