Re: [Protux-devel] regarding BusMonitor

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] regarding BusMonitor
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:24:35 +0000

Honestly, I think I changed my mind. I dont think the splitter should be
removed. This is why.

Jmb actions are supposed to be directed to audio editing, not interface
adjustments. The reason is that normally a user tends to keep the interface
always in
a same way and never changes it. We would be spending a central key (B) to a
very unsed action.
B would be central key bus selection/bus level adjustment, and other bus stuff,
but not the bus widget which can be "clicklly" adjusted.

We dont want to kill ALL clicks, we want to kill as much as we can. But how
worthy is to eliminate the bus monitor clicks right now, and keep the FS clicks
?

lets reserve the letter (A-Z) to very used actions. Those interface adjustments
could also be jmb oriented, but in the future, in a special mode, like , you
<IA> (Interface adjustments)
then all actions will adjust the interface, then you get back to work with
<ESC> , and so on...

RFC, and sorry if you have already worked on eliminating splitter :-}