Re: [Protux-devel] regarding BusMonitor

From: rsff
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] regarding BusMonitor
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:54:01 -0200

Guys,

Just wanted to remind everyone that one of the goals of the project is
simplicity on the interface. This means that:

1. There should not be too many options on the main layout. Leave the
changing dialogs, the dragabled/dockable/whatever options underneath,
somewhere where, IF A USER WANTS TO CHANGE IT, he'll look in the
preferences window, or something like that, and change it. (The easiest
way to configure this would be to add a layout changing mode, just like
there is a Track Curves mode. The user would be able to drag around the
parts of protux and decide if and where he wants them. That's one of the
solutions I cooked up, but I think its too early for that yet.)

2. The whole interface should be unified. This means that, if there are
going to be only JMB actions, there should be only jmb actions, even if
it means eliminating clicks and buttons from dialog-boxes and the like.
We'll come up with a clever and logical solution for these problems...
eventualy.

RFC
Fabio.
--