[Protux-devel] protux compile problems

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] protux compile problems
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:48:10 +0100

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 10:38, Luciano Giordana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not working on bugs right now, I am just implementing incrop/outcrop.
>
> > Namely, I changed the following:
> > "GAIN" -> "TRACK GAIN"
> >             "CLIP GAIN"
>
> I think you didnt read my comment on jmb.map. I need these actions to be
> "GAIN"  due a bug in jmb which will be fixed later. set it back ASAP

OK, it's done within a minute...if I can compile protux.
For some reason it doesn't work anymore since last update to CVS. You probably
forgot to update libmustux to version 0.20.0? I did it localy here, and after
compiling I get the following error when ./configure protux:
(this is from config.log)
configure:19582: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/
qt3 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT   conftest.cc
-lpthread -lm  -L/usr/local/lib -lmustux -lm -L/usr/lib -lqt-mt >&5
/usr/local/lib/libmustux.so: undefined reference to
`snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size'
and so on and so forth...
/usr/local/lib/libmustux.so: undefined reference to `snd_pcm_hw_params_any'
/usr/local/lib/libmustux.so: undefined reference to `snd_pcm_readi'

I have no idea what can be wrong, didn't change anything. (As far as I
remember!)

> > and updated Song accordingly, but I know the issues with the jmbMessage.
> > Hopefully this can be fixed without to much work/problems
>
> bad.. It has to be GAIN for both. The bug is pretty difficul to solve now.

I took a look at the JMB engine, but I leave it to you ;-)
But I indeed forgot to read first the jmb.map comments, but I want to first
test my setback until I commit it....

> > The remaining bugs in BUGLIST are havelly dependant on how it is supposed
> > to work, or we have to move it as a WISHLIST item, and delay it to a
> > following release. (For example the "mute/solo" bugs)
> > Also some bugs regarding to Curves, which is something you have more
> > knowledge of, and know better what to do about it, I think.
> >
> > Do you mind if I change the prelisten functionality in ProjectManager so
> > its working in more or less the old fashioned way? (But of course, all
> > the good things will stay ;-) )
>
> which way ??

The prelisten is not working as it should, I don't know exactly anymore what,
I have to use it again, but it will only be a small usebility change, but it
has to be made to make it functional!

I'll hope you can help me out, as I wasn't finished yet with some changes.

Greets,

Remon