Re: [Protux-devel] Change of autoconf strategy in CVS

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Change of autoconf strategy in CVS
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:51:30 -0300

This was my output for renegerating libmustux autostuff after last changes

address@hidden ~/mustux/libmustux/head]$ sh cas.sh
CAS : cleaning auto stuff ... (libmustux)
Using `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered obsolete by `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
configure.ac: required file `./install-sh' not found
configure.ac: required file `./mkinstalldirs' not found
configure.ac: required file `./missing' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found

Then I changed cas.sh script to use -a flag in automake as Martin suggested

> > address@hidden mustuxlib]$ autoconf
> > address@hidden mustuxlib]$ automake
> > configure.ac: required file `./install-sh' not found
> > configure.ac: required file `./mkinstalldirs' not found
> > configure.ac: required file `./missing' not found
> > Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
>
> yeap, use the -a option (or --add-missing) with automake and it will
> generate these files automagically.

the problem persists

address@hidden ~/mustux/libmustux/head]$ sh cas.sh
CAS : cleaning auto stuff ... (libmustux)
Using `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered obsolete by `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
configure.ac: required file `./install-sh' not found
configure.ac: required file `./mkinstalldirs' not found
configure.ac: required file `./missing' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found

Just to remember, cas.sh looks like

#!/bin/bash
echo "CAS : cleaning auto stuff ... (libmustux) "

OGG_M4_PATH=/usr/share/aclocal/

if [ -n "$LIBLTDL_HOME" ]; then
    if [ -n "$LIBALSA_SRC_HOME" ] ; then
        if [ -n "$LIBMUSTUX_SRC_HOME" ] ; then
            aclocal -I $LIBALSA_SRC_HOME/utils/ -I $LIBLTDL_HOME/ -I
$LIBMUSTUX_SRC_HOME/ -I $OGG_M4_PATH -I .
        else
            echo "LIBMUSTUX_SRC_HOME not defined. Please export it and point it
to libmustux sources dir"
            exit 0
        fi
    else
        echo "LIBALSA_SRC_HOME not defined. Please export it and point it to
alsa lib sources dir"
        exit 0
    fi
    libtoolize --force
    autoheader
    autoconf
    automake -a
    echo "All autostuff sucessfully refreshed."
else
    echo "LIBLTDL_HOME not defined. Please export it and point it to libtdl dir
under libtool shared dir"
    exit 0
fi

Any ideas ?