Re: MustuxAudioFileFormat Was: [Protux-devel] ugly click on wav output

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: MustuxAudioFileFormat Was: [Protux-devel] ugly click on wav output
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:00:34 -0300

On Monday 23 February 2004 12:30, Martin Herren wrote:
> >  - PrafFile::create() doesn't call write_header(), while
> > WavFile::create() does it with default values... The behavior of this 2
> > calls should be the same. The question is now whether write_header()
> > should be called. I think it's a good thing, but the values given to
> > write_header() should also be optional arguments to create(). Furthermore
> > i see no reason to have these calls implemented in PrafFile:: and
> > Wavfile::, one implementation in MustuxAudioFileFormat:: should be
> > sufficent.

There was a reason for these different behavior, but I honest dont remember..
I will analyse the code so I can re-understand why I did this..

> >  - read_header() does not jump to the begining of audio data... should it
> > (with a skip_header for example) ? I think that's the behavior that would
> > be expected from the function name... i already did this mistake in praf
> > ;-)

indeed this is an error.

> >  - a few other thing could be done in MustuxAudioFileFormat::, while
> > staying virtual in case they should be overriden one day.
> >
> > so RFC... i could take care of these once a design desision is taken.

for while, if you want , you cant take care of the skip_header, virtually, so
each format will skip its header appropriately.

--
Best Regards