pspp-dev

Re: New developer

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: New developer
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:28:00 -0700

"Julio César Gómez" <address@hidden> writes:

>     Do you think it is useful to have both KDE and GTK+ GUIs for a
>     single program?  I am not sure that there is much point to it.
>
> I have thought to use KDE to avoid 'copying' a developed project or in this
> case a project which is being developed and because with two environment it
> will give anybody the option to chose which environment prefers, but what do
> you think it is better? Should I develop it using KDE or GTK+? Suggest me,
> please.

Let me see if I understand.  You are determined to develop a
*new* graphical user interface for PSPP, instead of improving the
existing graphical user interface?  If that is the case, then you
might as well develop it for KDE, because then you won't be
duplicating existing work.  But if you are willing to work on
improving the existing GUI, then that's what I'd prefer.
--
Ben Pfaff
address@hidden