pspp-dev

Re: copious errors compiling on netbsd

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: copious errors compiling on netbsd
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:12:23 +0800

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:25:16PM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:
     On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:56:54PM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:
     > NetBSD 3.1, alpha architecture, strange locations for
     > libs and includes, configured --without-gui. You can see the errors at
     >
     > http://www.sakla.net/netbsd-makeout.txt

Can you post the config.log file ?

     Looking at the errors, I see a lot of this kind of thing:

     /sys/pkg/include/ncurses.h:320: error: conflicting types for `attr_t'
     /usr/include/curses.h:49: error: previous declaration of `attr_t'

     On this system, the more recent file with the declaration is
/sys/pkg/include/ncurses.h,
     not /usr/include/curses.h.

     Is this something the configure script should handle, or is it
     an idiosyncrasy the user should be taking care of?

It certainly looks like you have two different (incompatible) versions
of ncurses.  Since one of them is in the default path, I don't see any
way to prevent this from getting included first.

You could force configure to find the older one, by running configure
with "NCURSES_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include ./configure ..."

For all the benefit we get from libncurses (not very  much), and the
link/compile problems it uses I wonderif we oughtn't to have a
--without-libncurses flag.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3