pspp-dev

Re: redone SVG desktop logo

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: redone SVG desktop logo
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 15:45:12 +0000

This logo was never intended (at least not originally) to be a desktop
icon.  Application icons are in the directory src/ui/gui/app-icons
Currently there is only one 16x16 icon there, and it is far from beautiful.
However this is what get's installed in the gnome icon directory and gets
used by default.

Pspplogo.{svg,png} is intended to be used only in the About dialog. (click
Help|About or Hilfe|Info in a de locale).  Maybe we're seeing different
results due to differing theme engines, screen hardware etc, but I thought
your mailed logo looked rather fuzzy in that screen.
I'm attaching an xmag capture of the two so that you can see what I mean.
Mine has fewer anti-aliasing artifacts, and appears "crisper" - at least
that's my opinion.

You're right about the readability in small icons.  For this reason it is
often necessary to create a whole set of icons to cover each resolution.
Would you like to have a go at producing such a set?  We would need icons
at 16x16, 22x22, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48 and 64x64

J'