pspp-dev

Re: redone SVG desktop logo

From: bojo42
Subject: Re: redone SVG desktop logo
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:03:04 +0100

Okay thanks for the insight, i didn't know it was mainly for the "About"
dialog. Maybe it would be good idea to ship a seperate one for the
desktop icons. I think the main resolution for the FDO spec is 48x48,
but it seems that GNOME3 tends to use a SVG if shipped in
"/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/".

In the Debian packaging i therefore copy the SVG and export it to 48x48
and 64x64 PNGs via "rsvg-convert -a -w WIDTH -h HEIGHT ...". The 16x16
is shipped as well.

About your screen you're right. But the use case i care right now about
as a packager is the default look the user gets presented when trying to
install and start the program. To show you that i did some comparing
screenshots under current "GNOME" desktop default setups (that's under
Ubuntu, but it should be mostly valid for stock Debian setups). I also
lowered the brightness of the top element, therefore i reattached the
current version of the used icon, although it's still missing the font
changes you currently did.

Cheers