pspp-users

Re: Acessing the GUI

From: alma rivera
Subject: Re: Acessing the GUI
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 04:54:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I am also a statistics student that downloaded PSPP as an alternative of SPSS.  I am a big fan of opensource material, even though I am far from managing the complex programming procedures.  I have downloaded PSPP 6.0 but, apparently, have an uncompiled product.  Everywhere I have looked for, what I have found are instructions for compiling in environments that, at least what I have understood, are not Mac based.  Are there instructions for compiling the package downloaded at http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Math-Scientific/PSPP.shtml?  After it unzip I got a bunch of files that are not identified by my OS...  I have not been able to install it.  I followed some instructions there but I dont think those were prepared for a Mac.

I already asked and John Darrington helped me, but I have not been able to do this.  I have looked for a forum or something like that for begineers but havent been successful.

I would really love to be able to do this since most of my classmates and even my professor didnt knew anything about PSPP and I think its great that a project is been developed so people can have access to information without having to spend so much money.

Thanks again for your time....

Alma

Liberation is a praxis: the action and reflection of men and women upon their world in order to transform it.
Paulo Freire

La única manera para que la historia no se repita es manteniéndola viva....
Eduardo Galeano

You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.
Dr. Seuss