pspp-users

Re: Acessing the GUI

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Acessing the GUI
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 07:29:28 +0800

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 06:34:28PM -0300, Paulo S. P. Silveira wrote:
     I am a Fedora user, which installs psppire. However, I cannot use it.
     PSPP's GUI starts, but it immediately crashes when I touch any menu.
     When it crashes, Bug Buddy appears to generate a report that is
     meaningless for me (copied below). For some reason it goes to evolution
     and shows, in that report, my emails, complaining that it cannot find my
     passwords. My Fedora 9 is freshly installed, so I do not think that it
     is a Fedora problem.

     Please, can someone tell me how to make the GUI work for PSPP? I tried
     to Google it to check if it is a known bug, without success.

I'm guessing that this is because your installation cannot find the
libpsppire.so library.  The easiest way around this is to set your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point to the directory where
it is located.

If you compiled psppire yourself, then the location is probably
/usr/local/lib/pspp If you installed it from the Fedora .rpm file then
it may be somewhere else.  If you're using the .rpm, then this
probably means there is a bug in that package, and you should report
it to the maintainer.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3