pspp-users

Re: How do I print variable and data view papers?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: How do I print variable and data view papers?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:58:19 +0000

In fact, there is a Print button for both the syntax editor and the output
viewer.  However, as you have observed, there is (currently) no print facility
for the data window.[1]

You have several options:

*  Use the LIST, PRINT, WRITE or DISPLAY commands, al of which can be used
   to dump your dataset to the output viewer and print that.  (You don't
   need to be technically savvy to type "LIST." - typing "DISPLAY VARIABLES."
   is slightly more challanging, therefore it has a dropdown menu to do this
   for you.)

*  Take a screenshot and print that.

*  Do your work from the terminal interface and then print your output file.

Regarding your comments about the user manual, much of it is currently
written in the style or a reference manual, rather than a tutorial.
However it should all be correct and comprehensible English.  If you find
any sections which are not, please report it as a bug like you would any
other.

Thanks,

J'

[1]  One of the reasons for this is that datasets typically run to thousands
     or even millions of cases.  It would require a lot of paper!