pspp-users

pspp crashing-Windows version psppire.exe 0.7.8-g997322

From: Jill Covert
Subject: pspp crashing-Windows version psppire.exe 0.7.8-g997322
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:27:43 -0700

Hi,

When running very basic syntax (frequencies, variable labels, etc.), pspp is consistently crashing--it seems to do okay for awhile if I just run 2 or 3 commands at a time, but if I run 6 or 7 at once--it crashes. Even if I do 2-3 at a time it eventually crashes. I get one of a two error messages:

"The Instruction at "0x7c9369da" (this varies each time) referenced memory at 0x0000002c" (also varies each time). The memory could not be "read" (have also seen "written")

OR:

psppire.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please tell Microsoft.

I've checked with our IT dept. to see if it is anything on my end, but they couldn't help me. I also saw the one post about pspp crashing from November 7, 2009, but don't think that applies to my situation.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Jill