pspp-users

Re: Re: pspp crashing-Windows version psppire.exe 0.7.8-g997322

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: pspp crashing-Windows version psppire.exe 0.7.8-g997322
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:35:04 +0100

Hi all

> Great, Peter--thanks. John sent me the 32-bit version at:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/
>
> Haven't tried either one yet, but will post an update when I do.

There seems to be some confusion.

http://pspp.awardspace.com points to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files so the versions are
identically except the 32 and 64 bits difference. Infact I don´t know
about any other source for a MSWindows PSPP package build dated less
than 2 years ago.
I know of at least a dozen sites where you find PSPP packages but all
point to sourceforge or contain copies of it.
So don bother where you get it as long as it is a current version.
Usually I generate about  a package  every month. So if you find a
package date 3 months ago, it is outdated. Find yourself a recent one.

If there are aborts, first try the latest version. If the abort
persists, help the developers and file a bug report with enough
information to reproduce the abort. If the developers are not provided
with enough information, it is impossible to solve the issue.

I don´t think anybody´s hardware is the problem. PSPP doesn´t ask much
from the hardware. It runs happy on a 10 years old MSWIndows XP
computer with 512 Mb memory.

And as you can read on my website and in the readme, there is indeed a
big change between 0.7.8. and 0.7.9. The latest uses a newly build
toolchain. However I have not seen any difference a user of PSPP can
see.

Have fun